Brian J. Roark
Brian Roark is a Partner at Botsford & Roark. He’s represented clients across the state of Texas in a wide variety of criminal defense and administrative matters including, white collar crimes, DWI, sexual assault, Title IX violations, and drug cases. Over the years, he’s represented athletes at the professional and collegiate levels, judges, lawyers, state representatives, elected officials, prosecutors, police officers, and recently the Mayor of Austin. More often though, Brian represents regular folks who find themselves caught up in, or the targets of, government investigations, and accused of various types of crimes or administrative violations.
Before teaming up with David Botsford, Brian was a partner at Minton, Burton, Foster and Collins; prior to that he was in solo practice. He began his career as a prosecutor at the Travis County Attorney’s Office where he tried criminal and civil cases and served as Intake and Trial Division Chief for a number of years. Brian has 1st-chaired many jury trials, bench trials, and pre-trial hearings in State and Federal Courts. He has also argued several cases to various courts of appeals.
He’s AV rated by Martindale Hubbell and rated a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly. He taught Trial Advocacy at the University of Texas School of Law for eleven years and served on the State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee for 6 years, the last three as chair of the District 9 panel. He graduated from Baylor Law School and the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Philosophy.
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Adjunct Professor in Trial Advocacy at the University of Texas School of Law. 2001-2012.
- Member of the Texas Bar District 9 – 1 Grievance Committee. 2000 – 2016
- Super Lawyer rated by Texas Monthly
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Litigation
- Federal Civil Practice
- Personal Injury
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1998
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. – 1995
- University of Texas
- B.A. – 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member