If you have been charged with a crime, we can help you.
Our Commitment to You
Hiring a criminal defense lawyer is the most important decision you can make when it comes to protecting your rights and freedoms. Which is why you want to hire the best lawyers to defend you.
When facing criminal charges, Botsford & Roark provide the legal experience and guidance you need to navigate the legal system and process. Here are just a few of the benefits we will provide to you.
- Expert Knowledge. We have extensive knowledge of the criminal justice system, legal statutes, and court procedures. We can navigate complex laws, identify legal issues, and develop effective defense strategies tailored to the specifics of your case.
- Protection of Rights. At Botsford & Roark, we ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. We will safeguard your constitutional rights, such as the right to remain silent, the right to a fair trial, and the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.
- Negotiation Skills. We have strong negotiation skills, which can be crucial in securing favorable plea deals or reduced sentences. We understand how to communicate with prosecutors and judges to reach the best possible outcome for you.
- Trial Experience. Should your case go to trial, we can effectively present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and deliver persuasive closing arguments. Our trial experience can be invaluable in achieving a favorable verdict or influencing the outcome of a case.
- Emotional Support. Facing criminal charges can be stressful and emotionally challenging. We will provide support, guidance, and reassurance throughout the process, helping you navigate the emotional toll of the legal proceedings.
- Access to Resources. Through years of experience, we have access to a network of resources, such as private investigators, expert witnesses, and forensic specialists. These professionals can help gather critical evidence, challenge the prosecution’s case, and strengthen your defense.
- Time and Efficiency. By hiring us as your attorneys, you benefit from our experience and familiarity with the legal system, which can save time and lead to a more efficient resolution of your case. Our team can handle paperwork, deadlines, and court appearances on your behalf, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your life.
- Long-term Consequences. We will help mitigate the long-term consequences of a conviction, such as impacts on employment, housing, and personal relationships. We will advocate for alternative sentencing options, expungement, or record sealing to minimize the lasting effects of a criminal record.
Contact us for a free consulation
DWI & DUI
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) are alcohol and drug-related traffic offenses,criminal offenses, and also carry with them administrative penalties.
Title IX Defense
Title IX criminal offenses are typically discrimination on the basis of sex including sexual harassment or sexual violence, such as rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, and sexual coercion. Learn more about how we can help you with Title IX defense.
Assault is a criminal offense involving physical contact, which causes no pain, with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.
Aggravated Assault occurs when a person commits assault and also causes serious bodily injury to another, or. uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.
Sexual Assault is an act in which one intentionally sexually touches another person without that person’s consent, coerces or physically forces a person to engage in a sexual act against their will.
Drug Possession & Distribution
Drug possession and drug distribution are criminal offenses related to controlled subtances.
A writ of Habeous Corpus is an order issued by a court or judge directed to anyone having a person in custody commanding them to produce such person.
An Appeal is the act of asking a higher court to review a lower court’s decision which went against you and to decide if that decision was fair or unfair.
Tax evasion is a criminal offense involving an illegal means to avoid paying taxes.
White Collar Crime
White Collar crimes refer to financially motivated, nonviolent crimes committed by individuals, businesses and government professionals.