Austin, TX Criminal Defense Lawyers Who Get Results
It’s not just a charge, it’s your reputation and your future on the line
In Austin's urban landscape, conflicts can escalate, leading to over 100,000 new criminal cases in Travis County annually. Located in Austin, TX, Botsford & Roark is a criminal defense law firm dedicated to protecting the rights and freedom of those accused of crimes in Central Texas.
Our criminal defense attorneys recognize the gravity of criminal allegations and the profound legal and social consequences they can have on an individual’s life. Our Austin, TX criminal defense lawyers will fight aggressively to safeguard your rights, your reputation, and your future. We have the knowledge, resources, and key professional connections throughout Texas to help you navigate the process toward favorable results. Notable cases we’ve handled include:
- Texas man released on DNA evidence – NBC News
- Medicare fraud charges against doctors dropped – My San Antonio
“The jury was out 15 minutes and found me not guilty. If you pass this guy up for an attorney, you are making a mistake. I had a lot to lose. He stopped the prosecution in their tracks.” - Anonymous review of Brian Roark
Legal knowledge and experience you can trust
If you have been charged with a crime in Travis County, Bell County, Hays County, or another Central Texas community, you don’t have to navigate the aftermath alone. Contact us for a free case evaluation. We can answer questions and explain your legal options.
Botsford & Roark is known for our holistic and meticulous approach to protecting high-profile clients and obtaining justice out of complex cases. The following are some of the common types of charges handled by our criminal defense attorneys:
- Simple assault
- Aggravated assault
- Sexual assault
- Family violence (domestic violence)
- White collar crime
- Weapons charges
- Internet crimes
- Drug possession
- Drug distribution and dealing
- Drug trafficking
- Prescription drug charges
- Underage drug charges
Potential consequences of a criminal conviction in Texas
Overall, about 38 percent of criminal cases filed in Travis County are ultimately dismissed, according to court data. Meanwhile, about one in three cases result in a criminal conviction and some charges have higher conviction rates in Travis County than others. Your chances of favorable results are greatly improved with an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side. The following are just some of the potential ramifications of a Texas criminal conviction:
- Community services
- Loss of right to carry firearms
- Loss of right to vote in elections
- Sex offender registration
- Public criminal record
- Loss of professional licenses
- Loss of driver's license
- Housing restrictions
- Immigration consequences
- Ineligibility for loans and/or financial aid
- Child custody and visitation issues
- Social stigma
- Difficulty finding employment
- Damaged reputation and social standing
Criminal defense strategies and options in Texas
The elements of a crime vary by jurisdiction. That’s why it is important to have an experienced criminal defense attorney who understands the nuances of each Central Texas court and can craft a defense specifically for the circumstances. Our past case results include:
- Charges reduced. DWI charge reduced to a speeding citation for a local judge.
- Conviction reversed. Aggravated sexual assault conviction reversed due to exclusion of expert testimony regarding eyewitness identification.
In Texas, criminal charges result from intentional or reckless acts or omissions combined with a guilty mind (mens rea). We employ effective defense strategies at Botsford & Roark to strengthen your case. Each case is unique, and your defense strategy will be tailored to your specific circumstances. The following are basic defense strategies we may argue in your case:
- Innocence. This is the most common defense strategy, indicating that you were not involved in any criminal activity.
- Entrapment. This defense argues that you were coerced or induced into committing a crime that you would not have otherwise committed.
- Self-defense. If you can demonstrate that your actions were in response to an imminent threat or danger posed by another person, this can serve as a strong defense.
- Duress/coercion. This defense comes into play when another party forced you to commit a crime through threats or intimidation.
- Insanity defense. This strategy asserts that a mental illness resulted in your lack of understanding regarding the criminal nature of your actions.
- Mistake of fact/law. This defense is employed when you genuinely believed that your actions did not constitute a crime due to a misunderstanding of either the facts or the law.
“Worth every penny I paid him. I was acquitted and he even taught the police and prosecutor lessons in the law while he was trying the case. Works even on lunch breaks/recess to defeat those after you. How good can it get? A super lawyer - 5 stars in my book.” – Anonymous review for Brian Roark
The Botsford & Roark approach to criminal defense
At Botsford & Roark, our criminal defense lawyers work tirelessly to build a robust defense on your behalf, leaving no stone unturned in collecting proof, witness statements, and expert testimonies necessary to support your freedom. Whether we negotiate a favorable plea deal or advocate for you in court, our goal remains the same: protecting your rights and securing the best possible outcome while preserving your reputation and legacy.
When you hire us, here’s what you can expect form our experienced legal team:
- Experience. Our team boasts years of experience in criminal defense. This ensures you’re receiving a defense that is tailored to your case history, charges, and jurisdiction.
- Comprehensive approach. We don’t just focus on the immediate trial. Our holistic approach encompasses every aspect of the legal process, from pre-trial negotiations to post-trial support.
- Client-centric philosophy. At Botsford & Roark, you’re not just another case. We take the time to understand your specific circumstances and tailor our approach to best serve your needs. Read our client testimonials for more information.
- Transparency and open communication. Facing assault charges can be confusing and stressful. We prioritize keeping you informed at every step, ensuring you always understand where your case stands.
“Without question the #1 criminal defense attorney in the city. Even when they tried to make things difficult for me, Brian found a way to get things done in my favor. I am forever grateful to Brian for fighting for me. There is no reason to go with anyone but Brian, he will fight for you. 100% recommend.” - Sigi P.
Take your charges seriously from the start. Contact Botsford & Roark today
Facing criminal allegations in Austin, or anywhere else, can be life-altering. The legal maze can be challenging to navigate, and the stakes are often incredibly high. With Botsford & Roark at your side, you can be assured of receiving a defense that’s not only aggressive and well-informed but also deeply committed to your rights and future.
In an era where narratives can be swiftly skewed and truths easily twisted, trust Botsford & Roark to be your voice, your shield, your advocate. If you have been accused of a crime in Central Texas, contact our Austin, TX criminal defense lawyers for a free case evaluation. There is no obligation to hire us, just information you can trust from a law firm with decades of experience. A member of our team is available to hear from you anytime, day or night. Contact us now.
“Brian ensured that justice was served fairly. I hope that I will never have to call on him for help again but I am glad to know he is there. I am thankful to have made his friendship during this ordeal. I recommend him highly.” - George C.